We are currently seeking a fully skilled panel beater who embraces all modern repair techniques and is happy and confident to repair panels to a very high quality in order to maintain the structural integrity of the vehicle. We would like a flexible, highly motivated individual to be part of a dedicated team who take pride in the quality of their work, and have a true passion for providing the best level of customer service.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to increase their rounded skill-set through working in a Team environment and being able to develop skills in other departments creating a true multi skilled technician.
1Touch Technician – Panel
Company Core Values:
Positive Attitude = impressive service = PRIDE in your work
Respect and empathy towards our customers and work colleagues
Initiative – working under your own initiative, but also being able to work as part of the 1 Touch team
Dedication to ensure our customers receive the best possible service, it’s all about the customer!
Enthusiasm in your work and going that extra mile
Main Purpose of Job:
- To ensure the repair of motor vehicles of all types is carried out to motor manufacturer industry standards or repair methods.
- To carry out such work in an efficient, safe and economical manner, ensuring the integral quality of the vehicle and its safety is maintained.
- To employ such knowledge and skills as may be required to restore vehicles to an industry recognised acceptable standard.
- To ensure & uphold the best customer service satisfaction in the repair of motor vehicles of all types
- To work as part of the 1 Touch Team in the repair of motor vehicles, using the latest products & repair processes to achieve 100% customer satisfaction within strict time constraints.
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle structure and paintwork through each stage of repair.
- To ensure that vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customers, or that defects & faults have been reported to your Line Manager and noted on the job card.
- To actively make sure the repair method is in the job pack and is fully read, understood (e-scribe, manufacturer or other source) and displayed with the vehicle at all times.
- Removal and safe storage of vehicle components, fluids and gases as directed by job card & repair methods.
- To take care of workshop equipment, special tools, personal tools and report any faulty equipment to your line manager.
- MET – Check vehicle for warning lights, safety checks, and storage of displaced parts, all work to be completed in line with Ezi methods, torque of safety critical bolts and/or other components and complete safety log sheet.
- Panel – Alignment and correct filler repair methods as per work instruction along with use of correct sealers and bonding products including anti corrosion methods.
- Paint – Preparation for each stage of paint process includes readiness for topcoat application, accurately use paint mixing schemes, computerised scales, spray booths and drying lamps.
- Follow and adhere to workshop, Health & safety procedures & safe systems of work following the company procedures manual at all times.
- To accurately document and identify all components, materials and consumables used.
- To protect customers vehicles with covers and dust sheets thus safeguarding the customers’ vehicle and contents whilst being repaired.
- To sign off QC sheet as per documented process and get the currently competent people to counter sign the full repair process.
- General workshop & workspace housekeeping to include all areas of the workshop and protection of vehicles at all times during the repair process.
Experience, Qualifications and Training:
- To have a minimum of 5 years experience in the body repair of motor vehicles.
- To have experience in a minimum of two repair tasks that incorporate ‘Accident Repair Specialist’ and hold an industry qualification in at least one repair task (MET, Panel & Paint).
- To have knowledge of the latest repair methods & techniques, plus use of latest technical tooling for each repair process.
- Knowledge to cover specialist areas including but not exclusive to: (Auto electrical, alignment, mechanical, suspension, air conditioning, glass removal, welding functions, panel functions, bonding & cold repair, filler repair inc plastics, prep, paint & polishing skills).
- Motor manufacturer and/or other manufacturer led training.
- Full driving licence.
- Willing to undertake training where applicable for the development of the business.