We are looking for an experienced, customer focussed, CPC licensed driver who is able to drive up to a 7.5 tonne recovery truck. Our drivers are the face of our business and we do require excellent customer service and communication skills and an ability to self-manage time. We would like individuals with experience of vehicle recovery, and also who are vigilant, happy and motivated to provide the very best service.
Company Core Values:
Positive Attitude = impressive service = PRIDE in your work
Respect and empathy towards our customers and work colleagues
Initiative – working under your own initiative, but also being able to work as part of the 1 Touch team
Dedication to ensure our customers receive the best possible service, it’s all about the customer!
Enthusiasm in your work and going that extra mile
Main Purpose of Job:
- To undertake all driving tasks as directed by your Line Manager and in accordance with the Driver Procedure & Responsibilities Manual and Drivers Process Manual.
Other duties may include:
- Moving cars in/ out of the workshop at the start or end of the day
- Washing customer or courtesy cars where necessary
- Locating and moving vehicles for salvage agents
- QC role for ensuring the vehicle is ready to deliver to the customer
- To ensure safe delivery / collection of all customers vehicles. Ensure you contact every customer before arrival.
- Complete all Job Pack paperwork neatly and legibly and obtain signatures where required.
- Mark ALL damage (Accident & Non Accident Related) on vehicle with chalk pen before taking images and video footage of the vehicle.
- Ensure Customer Vehicle Condition Report is complete in addition to any images taken before passing to Estimators.
- Advise your Line Manager when leaving every job.
- Follow all procedures within the Drivers Procedure and Process Manuals, with no exception.
- To comply with the Drivers Tacho Break Regulation 2009 (if applicable).
- Policy Excess, VAT Bills and Private Quotes – ensure payment has been taken before leaving site – if payment has not been paid, query with the Transport Manager.
- Ensure courtesy cars are up to standard and safe for customer use. Report any defects or damage to Transport Manager immediately
- Ensure you follow the correct procedure when dealing with customer complaints.
- Ensure QC inspection has been completed prior to customer delivery / collection.
Experience, Qualifications and Training:
- All drivers must be over 21 and have a full UK driving license.
Full training will be given to include:
- Health & Safety
- Loading / Unloading (Truck Drivers Only)
- Vehicle Condition Report (Trucks Drivers Only)
- Tachometer Allowance (Truck Drivers Only)